The NFL’s currently vacant postseason field should have its first entrant by the end of Sunday.
In the NFC, five separate teams have clinching scenarios in Week 15, including three who can seal spots merely by winning their upcoming matchups. The Arizona Cardinals, playing in the early window against the 1-11-1 Detroit Lions, have perhaps the easiest path of any of those teams, as they have nine different ways they could clinch a spot.
In the AFC, no teams will be able to clinch a spot this week after the New England Patriots fell to the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday. The Colts’ win also means that the Tennessee Titans can’t wrap up the AFC South.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. (31) and linebacker Devin White (45) celebrate after sftopping the Buffalo Bills during the first half of an NFL football game Sunday, Dec. 12, 2021, in Tampa, Fla.
NFC (clinched: none)
Arizona Cardinals (10-3) [at Detroit (1-11-1), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX]
Cardinals clinch playoff berth with:
1. Cardinals win or tie OR
2. Saints loss or tie + Vikings loss or tie OR
3. Saints loss or tie + Eagles/Washington tie OR
4. Saints loss or tie + Eagles loss + Falcons loss or tie + Packers win or tie OR
5. Saints loss or tie + 49ers tie + Rams loss OR
6. Vikings loss or tie + Eagles/Washington tie OR
7. Vikings loss or tie + 49ers loss OR
8. 49ers loss + Eagles-Washington tie OR
9. 49ers tie + Rams loss + Eagles-Washington tie
Dallas Cowboys (9-4) [at N.Y. Giants (4-9), Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, FOX]
Cowboys clinch NFC East division title with:
1. Cowboys win + Washington/Eagles tie OR
2. Cowboys win + Washington loss + Cowboys clinche strength-of-victory tiebreaker over PHI
Cowboys clinch playoff berth with:
1. Cowboys win + Saints loss or tie OR
2. Cowboys win + 49ers loss OR
3. Cowboys tie + Vikings loss or tie + Saints loss or tie + Falcons loss or tie OR
4. Vikings loss + Falcons loss + Saints loss + Eagles/Washington tie OR
5. Vikings loss + Falcons loss + Saints loss + Cowboys clinches…